Sunday 24 August 2008

I have just paid my weekly visit to oxcraps blog I love her vivid photos and obviously cool lifestyle!!

In the hope of re-creating at least a little bit of it, (I would love an inch of her coolness) the best I can do is mess about with my photos!!


I have spent most of the weekend making an adorable 1950's inspired mini-book, which I am starting to dread having to give away. I think I may have fallen in love with it a little bit too much!!



The little white squares are for passport size photos.



Tucked into the pocket is a whole load of spare photo mounts, journelling stamps and some tags for additional mummy love!!

The white polka dots are puff paint and the pink ones are perfect pearls.

Some pages I just had to leave blank because they look too pretty to mess with (thats what the spares are for!!)

The flip side of the page above.....
Room for more miniature photos
The last page.....
I used a Melissa Francis chipboard flower book, Shabby Princess papers, Prima flowers, a prima journelling stamp n04 and a Dew Drop chalk ink for stamping and edging.
All edges are dry brushed with cream acrylic and the holes were punched with a star punch.

TFL xxx

7 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

That cute little photo makes me smile, Georgia looks adorable with the tea cosy on her napper, gorgeous little book - lucky lady who receives it, hope you've had a good weekend XXX

Jamie Pyles said...

Aww, so precious! I would have a hard time parting with this as well!!! She will cherish it!! And yes, Georgia looks absolutely adorable! She may have started a new trend!!!
Have a great day!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

The book is beautiful..no wonder you want to keep it.

Nobbly Bobbly said...

Beautiful baby book Ruth any I know anyone would be delighted to recieve it.

xxxx.

Anonymous said...

Love the arty effect on the photo but OH WOW that book - no wonder you want to keep it - I just hope whoever gets it appreciates all the love and work that's gone into it.

xxxxxxxx

Jamie Pyles said...

Hi Ruth,
I'm back just to say thank you for complimenting my new look for my blog! I am sooo not computer savy! This is a HUGE accompishment for me!!! Everyone I know is freaking out that I have a blog!!:):) And yes, I do get competitive when it comes to costumes!! Tee hee hee!!:):) Yes, Brenah and I have a wonderful relationship! This is her first year of high school, so I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way!:) Having a 14 yr old and a 15 month old keeps me young! (and ages me at the same time!LOL!) Thanks for sharing, I truly love your work and visiting your blog! You write so well, your warmth shines through!
Hugs
Jamie

Helena said...

This book is amazing!! Love it, and yes you probably will have to make one that you can keep!

Did you download the pics or buy them they are soo adorable!

xxxx