"I want to live in America" Actually no I don't not anymore but I have always loved that song.....I remember it well from the production of West Side Story at school.
I have however, always wondered what that whole blueberry muffin fascination was all about!!
I have bought Millies blueberry muffins, Tescos blueberry muffins and countless nameless other bland pathetic tasting imitation muffins....until BEN discovered Blueberries and ate so many on day 1 that on day 2 he simply couldn't face anymore.....so I looked up my ....recipe book........all cups and no weighing...ya gotta love the Kiwi way of baking!!
You know I adore Nigella....OK not her but her food/recipes ....the unfortunate fact is that each recipe consists on a block of butter and half of a small county of cream ..think Devon!! So in the end we stopped making her recipes because the indigestion just wasn't worth the effort!!
Anyway I saw this on a blog and had to laugh and share it with you on my foodie page...(I am an honorary member of UKFoodBloggers thanks to Gez and my new Aussie bud Chele.)
I used to love to bake but alas I very rarely do it nowadays unless it's birthday cakes and even then Georgia is busy pointing out the latest tasteless supermarket wonder with Hannah Montana on it and dreaming of her special day........I used to come home from school on my Birthday and Mum would be making a marble cake...year in and year out...it was always fresh always exciting and always special as you knew it had been made especially for you.......and then when we grew up and our house became full of exotic tastes .....we made Black Forest Cherry Cake woop woop!!
Anyway some Nigella funnies for you!
3. Nigella's Way - When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking tin, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
5. Nigella's Way - Wrap celery in aluminium foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
6. Nigella's Way - Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
7. Nigella's Way - If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
8. Nigella's Way - Freeze leftover wine into ice cubes for future use in casseroles.
Yup these magic boxes open out to reveal four boxes in a stepstyle. perfect for Xmas presents filled with mince pies,goodies or jewellery which is what is going into mine!!
Love and magic