Wednesday 20 August 2008

I adore you

This month I am hosting the August Sketch Challenge at Paperparadise. I chose this beautiful sketch designed by the very talented Magga Mjuka.

I have used more of the K&Co Papers now that I have turned into an old romantic!! My gorgeous hand crochet doiley and edging from my sister and my new yummy Prima journelling stamps. I also used a Melissa Francis sticker and the Basic Grey alphas painted in gold for extra lushness. The swirls were stamped with the Rhonna Farrer Autumn Leaves stamps and I have discovered that I can cleverly remove areas of ink from the stamp with a baby wipe prior to stamping. I even stamped the strip of cream paper with the little brown flowers in the background.

Ok so I know I am a bit behind on these techniques (it's not that I haven't been taught them by Sue it's just I haven't used them and my brain kinda forgot!) but I am trying to catch up!! I have even bought the Craft Stamper magazine 2 months in a row!! (actually I only bought it for the freebie stamp but this months one is way cool!!) What is going on you may wonder but I am now a total convert to acrylic stamps. I really wanted to spell this in French J 'et adore but sadly there wasn't enough room so I may do a French Title soon. This is what happens when you start oggling other blogs and wondering what the heck they say!!
My journelling reads something like "It is clear to me that you two adore each other. Lets hope it lasts!"

You may find the last line a bit strange, but I can't handle too much jam in the doughnut! (a great article about journelling written by Shimelle Lane using doughnuts as an analogy). I am sooooooo in love with this crochet edge that instead of hording it and looking longingly at it I have just thought ""use it or lose it"!!!!!

TFL xxx

6 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Beautiful photo and page Ruth, thanks for hosting the challenge XXX

Jamie Pyles said...

Wow my friend, you have been very prolific in the scraproom!!! This is just gorgeous! I am so in love with the crocet lace!!! I would have hoarded it too! I love all of the different textures you used. The fabric ribbon with text, the brads, the heart! Your distressed edges are beautiful! Did you burn them? Or is that simply ink? Great LO and sketch!

Karen said...

Yes, this is really a masterpiece! I just love the colors you have used, they work so well together, and the picture is just adorable! WTG!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning image and that layout is perfick for it - great elements all hang together well.

xxxxxxxxx

Nobbly Bobbly said...

Ruth this is just beautiful - very inspiring.

xxx

Helena said...

Fantastic page!!!!

Thanks for hosting the challenge.

Lucky you to have a sister to call on!

xxxx