Wednesday 27 August 2008

Bring out the Bunting!!!!

I really couldn't wait to get stuck into my pretty bunting and chop it up to make two strings one for EMILY and one for GEORGIA. There was plenty of bunting as the whole thing is about 15 foot long!!
Baby Emily is in her Mum's tummy and poor Micayla is getting a bit fed up waiting for her arrival. She was due on Monday and as far as I know she still isn't here.!!
I used FELT for the letters and traced around my trusty BASIC GREY CHIPBOARD MONOGRAMS. I stitched the letters on with embroidery thread using blanket stitch.




I covered this paper bag with some left over scraps from the baby book that I have made for Micayla so Mother and Baby can both get some yummy goodies.

Micayla will be so tired for the next couple of weeks, hopefully all she will have to do is just add the pictures!
To the seasoned quilters out there please don't look too close at the stitching !!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good idea to do the bunting names.

Love the bag and quilting - needles and thread and I don't get along AT ALL so hats off to you!

xxx

Jamie Pyles said...

Ruth, you continue to amaze and inspire me! This is such a wonderful gift!!!! Your blanket stitch ROCKS!!! She's blessed to have such a good friend!
Hugs

Helena said...

OOH she is gonna so love the bunting and the mini book!!!

Your models are super cute too!

xxxx

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awwww what lovely gifts, she will love them !, hope you are having a great weekend XXX