Wednesday 25 November 2009

Lets get Shabby Challenge 6 "Shabby Christmas"

Yay I finally get to share her with you........today the new challenge is up at Shabby!! It really is a Shabby Christmas over there.....I get the feeling there will be lots of fabulous entries this month, especially once you see the sponsored prize!!

My naked Tree...yuck!! I simply painted it with two coats of household magnolia wall paint!!

The star is from a Cake decorating shop and goes on the top of one of those piles of fancy fairy cakes or muffins. I just snapped the metal stalk off it.


I'm pleased I picked up these Making Memories Poinsettia flowers when I did because they really are very Christmassy. I wasn't sure if I liked them at first but now I do.



The patterned papers are from Bo-Bunny and the girl was very carefully cut out by hand to make sure the drawers still opened.

I didn't bother replacing the drawer numbers as I did all that last year and I really wanted to keep clean simple lines on this Advent Calendar.




I love the Norwegian saying God Jul and always think how fabulous it looks on their beautiful stamps on Christmas Cards. It is an all encompassing saying for the whole season (I think, please correct me if I am wrong) I did a little research into it on line and decided that seeing as I am a Viking then I'm sure they wouldn't mind me using it, apparently we all used it once apon a time!!


All finished and sitting on my mantle piece...waiting for me to get the rest of the trimmings out!!


So it's simple...it's that easy...just make whateever you want and leave a link and a comment on the Lets get Shabby blog and thats it you have entered!!


God Jul

Ruth xxx

22 comments:

Micayla said...

Oh Ruth......I don't know what to say......it is totally stunning girl! Seriously beautiful!!
xx

Karen said...

YUM Ruth...this is magnificent!!!! Did your tree come with drawers??? What a differece you have made to it! XXX

ARTfulWings said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ruth - you have such an amazing talent for altering things so beautifully xx

Elena Litvinova said...

Originally and beautiful! I like it!

Hearts Turned said...

So beautiful, Ruth--what a gorgeous creation!

Paper Paradise said...

Yet another fantastic piece of work Ruth. Love the way you have added the angel image, it looks gorgeous. x

Jamie Pyles said...

Ruth, you are the altered art queen!!! Love it!

Gez Butterworth said...

awe, that's stunning Ruth. Love your star...great find.xx You most definately are the altered art queen...xx

Paulien van den Bosch said...

what an awesome tree it is!!!!!
Beautifully done Ruth. Love it.

Sarah Lou said...

Wow, Im always in awe of your work, Im so in love with your style. Beautiful, Like always!!

Chele said...

Love it. Love it. LOVE IT!

LazyKay said...

Gorgeous keeper!

xxxxxxxxx

Timcso said...

Stunning work Ruth! Absolute stunning!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Kay said...

Ooooh this is so gorgeous Ruth, love it!

Carmen said...

Just so beautiful. I love it to bits. That girl image is just perfect.

Audrey said...

Oh wow - that is amazing, so much work and lovely detail!!!

yyam said...

Stunning work Ruth! :)

Irene said...

This is just stunning. How did you stick down the cut-out girl so perfectly?

Sue said...

Ruth this is just fabulous I'd love to have a go at making this next year. What will you but in the little draws :>) Hugs Sue xx

Fiona said...

A stunning piece - something for you to treasure every year

Elisabeth Helland said...

Hi, what a wonderful calender you've made here. Since I'm Norwegian, and read the "god jul" part, I had to look around in your blog, just in case I found out if you had some Norwegian relations.... It's kind of odd, coz i think the English saying is SO much more beautiful "merry christmas".....compared the norwegian saying is really doll.... I think...
- have a wonderful day, and thanks for sharing you creations...

Maria said...

Wow, this is stunning!!!