Monday 11 May 2009

Boudoir Babe.....

Valchula is hosting an altered challenge on A Vintage Affair this month the rules are that you must have before and after photos and it must be vintage style.....so I thought for a wee bit and then decided to use this jewellery holder that I had found in my local charity shop for 50p.

I painted the flat wooden dress form and covered it in the new Blueberry Hill papers from Papermania...yes a shock I know because Papermania just doesn't rock my boat but these.......ahhh now these papers are a different story!!

We are talking vintage blue's and pinks, trellis patterns like old Sanderson wallpapers and Laura Ashley style prints...remember what I said about Laura Ashley...they should have stuck with what they used to do best when it came to scrapbook papers!!

I think the A4 pad was £6.99 for 48 sheets so I have got enough here to keep me in pretty projects forever!! I actually used my memory glass for the first time and I have had it for yonks!! I really enjoyed making it though and thanks to Crafty Images for the free image from an ATC book they gave away once!! See it pays to keep these things..lol!!

The finished girlie is going into Georgias bedroom to go with all her other recent pretties!!

If you like altering, card making or vintage layouts then come on over to A Vintage Affair and join us in our first month of challenges!!

Love and vintage ladies
Ruth xxx

8 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Ruth,what beautiful,l love the papers and colours.
So beautiful details.

Hugs Riet.x

ARTfulWings said...

Absolutely beautiful - the colours, style - just my kind of thing!!! Very pretty and feminine - love it xx

Karen said...

oooo thats so pretty! ikwym about these new papers...I grudgingly admited that I liked them too!!!

Have you realised that the background you used is nearly the same as your blog background hon ? XXX

Pia said...

wow susch a beautiful project, love the colours and cutw image

courtneyannb said...

This is just gorgeous! So romantic and soft! Lovely!

papertrails leaver said...

Beautiful project!!

Vibeke said...

Wow - this is wonderful!!:)

Have a nice day:)

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

OMG.....!!!! This is so gorgeous!
Love the papers! Great job!