Sunday 31 October 2010

dotcom gift shop.

It's that time of the year when I start to alter lots of Christmas boxes, except this year I have found a company that take the hard work out of altering.


dotcom gift shop is a lovely on line retailer that sells anything vintage/retro/shabby...you know the kind of things you would put on your santa list if only "he" was listening!!







I found the naked boxes to be really sturdy and covered in a slightly glossy brown wrapping paper...similar to Post Office brown parcel paper.






Once covered with patterned papers I lightly inked the edges and decorated the tags to go on top.


I made 5 in one day so they must have been simple.....(it would have been 6 if life hadn't stepped in with halloween parties!!)






The Vintage Ribbon is a printed off white twill with beautiful vintage images and a stunning use of duck egg blue and traditional reds and greens.




The Postage Stamp stickers/toppers are easy to peel off and are printed on good quality card with a mix of vintage and modern patterns.




The 50 Victorian images (which come free with the 6 boxes)are tradition re-prints of Victorian scraps and are perfect for altering all sorts of things from tags to baubles.




I almost just wanted to glue them into a scrap book and make my own Victorian scrap album!!








The six boxes vary in size and are as deep as each is wide, making it easy to measure them for covering!!






These boxes are on offer at half price for only £2.95...at that price I'd go for the ribbon and the tags as well!







......ps: whilst you're at the site can you tell Santa I'd like the White Shabby curio cupboard for altering!Love and vintage ribbons


Ruth xxx

4 comments:

mandysea said...

Superb!!!!!! WOW Ruth...I soooo love these!!!

You are really motivating me here!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

OMG Can't believe you've made these so quickly and beautifully.

They look fab - love them

MIL
XXX

Terri Cook said...

LOVE those boxes...and I would love the Curio cabinet as well. I adore reading your posts xxx Miss you

Sam said...

Thank you very much Ruth for this kind word... It is always a pleasure of me to be able to participate in challenges when I have time...
Your creations are always so beautiful,