Tuesday 9 June 2009

Cupcake challenge and cake plates.....

For this months fun challenge at Bubbly Scrumptious the theme is "cupcakes" and just like the last 2 months anything goes!!



So in a vain attempt to avoid making a card I made these cupcakes...argherm muffins...instead!! The only reason I made muffins was because of the proportion of cake to the decoration on top, yup "thats how fussy I can get about these things!!".


I love my genius idea of using paper doileys as decorations (due to a recent bulk purchase). I lined a tin with one then placed the baking case inside it and put the mixture in. I was praying it would work and I think with the gold elastic they look pretty special!!

I was the girl who wanted a cupcake wedding cake in the days before they became trendy and available to the masses, I didn't get hem though because no one was doing them at the time!!

But now that I am armed with my (secret) buttercream/frosting recipe and I mean "CREAM" when I say that........bring on a wedding or another celebration so I can have an excuse to live the dream and make these again!!


The background papers are from My Minds Eye and called Andrea Victoria. I just thought that they complimented the gold and brown theme...
Can you see the puff paint on the top right hand photo it's the heart shaped one......the photos were taken late at night so not very good but they look fabulous against the gold papers from the Bubbly Funk June kit.

Now when it comes to stands this is the one I want it's cream and pretty and only available in Australia (Mum I'm sure it would fit into your suitcase!!!) And if I luck out on that one then how's this for an idea!!

Make your own from vintage plates and candle stick holders!! See some here and here and HERE

Guess who had some of those candle stick holders and threw them out when they got broken!!duh!! (never fear I have already started collecting them again!!)


Love and frosting

Ruth xxx


4 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW they look scrummy, almost good enough to eat - lol xxx

Ruth Philps said...

Thats the problem Sam, they WERE good enough to eat and yes I did polish them all off!!

annes paperfun said...

Gorgeous!!!
Delicious... :o)
hugs Anne

Anonymous said...

Can't say we blame you for finshing them off Ruth, they look scrummy.

Well done again, another wonderful creation.

Love

From sunny Spain
MIL
XXX