Sunday 14 September 2008

Fine weather, Fun rides and Findings.....

Mark and I went to Pleasure Island Theme Park today with our friends Chrissie, Richard and the kids..... Georgia went on all the easy rides...... . ..........although she was a bit more adventurous than last time!!
Chrissie and Rich went on some really scary ones!!!!!! .....and I failed to read the first line of this sign!!!!
Yup guess who had wet knickers all day?
Even Ben joined in on the action!!!!!


On a crafting note:
This little set of drawers cost me 25 pence from a bric-a brac table. It was dirty pine and still has a sticker on the back with a bar code so it can't be very old. I painted it with white gesso and cream acrylic, the edges were rubbed with bronze cream. The drawer fronts were covered with K&Company Blue Awning paper and mod podged to seal.I often say to Mark "Do you like it"? and he says "yes but I don't know where you are going to put it" and I say "in my OWN craft room one day"!!

I am starting a jewellery making course in 2 weeks and thought this would be good to keep all my findings in (and purchases.......note the play on words!!).
Once I know what I need I will add drawer labels to the fronts and keep my bits and pieces in little zip lock bags.

Hope you all had as much fun as I did this weekend...the nice weather definitely helped!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those big rides DO look scary but glad everyone had a great day.

I LOVE that wee drawer set and am jealous that you're doing a jewellry making course, I'd love to have a go.

xxxxxx

Helena said...

OOh wet knickers, lol!!!! We must all go there next year if you are still here, as I didn't know you liked theme parks! Chloe and me love the scary rides and Aimee loves the ones she can go on!!!!

Love the set of drawers, fantastic altering!

xxxx

Erika said...

WOW! Sounds like you had a great weekend! The crafty drawers project is SUPER cute! Great idea!

sam21ski said...

Wet pants all day indeed!!!!!

Lovely set of drawers - hope they are dried out!!!!

Enjoy your jewellery making course xxxx

MrsBhunaBlogs said...

WOW, WOW, WOW you have made such a gorgeous item. You really do have incredible vision to think outside of the box and come up with such beautiful things