Friday 27 August 2010

Mini book page for Happy Daze and UKS

A very long time ago...back in the depths of winter I made 2 pages for UK Scrappers.......whilst searching for a photo of a missing layout (more of that soon) I found these photos which I had forgotten all about!!

I thought it best not to show them until they had been featured on UKS but I reckon this one must have been shown by now.



My brief was to make Pretty-Grungy with Stamping.....



I used Gesso for stamping and inked Distress Inks over it.




I think it was a 6x8 but I made it with a flap that opens up the secret is to have a bit of space on the left where the punch holes are so that the flap still opens even when you have finished the mini book and joined the pages together.


(I think the blue cardstock was 6x12, then fold at 2 inches from the top and 2 inches from the bottom, cut 2cm off the left hand side of each flap and use the flaps as a base to hold the shaped flap covers with)





The papers were My Minds Eye from Happy Daze


Love and forgotten makings
Ruth xxx

3 comments:

val said...

wow ruth this is absolutely amazing! I love this so much fabulous job and very innovative with the tassle!

Pia said...

wow what a beautiful pages
hugs pia

Micayla said...

It seems so long ago that I stopped by and said hello, but as always my bloglines account was filled with gorgeous layouts and altered art pieces I could of died of happiness!
I am feeling truely inspired to go and create now Ruth, so thank you!
How is the move coming on, have you a date yet?
Micayla xx