Monday 13 June 2011

FLEETING MOMENTS IN THE BUTTERFLY GARDEN

Moira from Happy Daze kindly sent me these beautiful papers by Pink Paisley called Butterfly Garden....they are truly divine.
I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them, the month before I had
picked up this old calendar from a junk shop for £2.50 and loved the nicotine stained yellowed days, numbers and months immediately, but they contrasted with the green 1980's style country calendar.
I endevoured to alter it into something worthy of such lovely old dates.


After researching some butterfly poems I settled on calling it Fleeting Moments which is also what time is made of.





I stitched the ribbon into a circle to make the flower and added the 3 pearl beads with wire.


All the papers, additional layers and alphabet stickers have been mod podged so that I can wipe it clean as it will probably live in the kitchen.



I just love the whimsical feel to these papers!


Gesso and acrylic paint for the visible wooden bits turned it from this.............into the finished product.


Love and junk
Ruth xxx

0 comments: