Friday 5 March 2010

Alice in Wonderland release day....eeeeeck!!

I am sooooo excited...I have been dying to see this film since I first found out it was to be released and having seen the trailor I wanted it to be released even sooner...but no...we have had to endure weeks of waiting!!




Finally today is the big day, and in honour of this I have made another Alice in Wonderland themed layout....this was my other idea for Lets get Shabby and then I got carried away with the Queen of Hearts theme and forgot all about Alice and the garden...see what I mean about reading the rules carefully!!

It was when Georgia pointed out that this photo would make a good Alice that it all began to fit together. I already knew that I wanted to use blue and green Prima flowers and use the tea party stickers. I can't remember where they came from I have had them for so long....possibly my mum? Anyway they are perfect!!

You can find my step by step tutorial at Bubbly Scrumptious (here) for the 12x12 doiley punch base paper design.

I love blue and white china my grandmother had plate racks around the breakfast room and in the hallway in her house and it was full of beautiful old blue and white Spode China.....it always reminds me of her:)


It was such a beautifully sunny day today that I took my other layout outside and re-photographed it. I wasn't happy with the one I took last week in the dull rain!!




Love and good vs evil and little white rabbits

Ruth xxx

10 comments:

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning my lovely xxx

Hearts Turned said...

These are gorgeous layouts, Ruth! Beautifully done! I'm so excited for the film, too--I first saw the posters when I saw "Harry Potter" this summer, and I've been waiting anxiously since then! Today's the day!!!

Hope you're enjoying the improved weather--soak it up!

Elena Litvinova said...

Ruth is very beautiful! I so like your daughter, she is a real princess! And you're a real queen! Very nice, I like it!

Chele said...

Both layouts are very impressive Ruth. Well done ;0)

downrightcrafty said...

Hiya Ruth
oh my they are both so stunning and love the film clips and also want to so desperately watch it (just like the leading man myself) no not really but he is cute but not as cute as your own little Alice
hugs Kate x

LazyKay said...

I think you have a fully qualified model there - what a difference in the mood of the two layouts and brilliant interpretation of both.

xxxxxxxxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning LO's Ruth. The colours & elements are perfect. :) I can see a mini book here! would be lovely. :)

Hope you get to see the film soon. We're going next weekend. :-D

Have a fabby Sunday. Hugs, Gez.xx

Sue said...

So Striking Ruth my friend, I love it. xx

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Both your layouts are stunning, so much detail to look at, love 'em both!!

loriete said...

Gorgeous! Incredible how you make it soooo beautiful. I love it!