Friday 20 January 2012

Try Something New...

This months challenge at Happy Daze is to try something new.....I tried out my new sewing machine, but it could be a new technique or a new product or something you have never done before.



I made a slip cover for a book rather than cover it with paper. I used beautiful silver embroidered lace trim from Happy Daze and spritzed the calico with pastel mists.



The papers are Websters Pages HollyWood Vogue and are perfect for my Art Deco theme.




Sticking with the Art Deco theme is a layout of my sister in her flapper finery.
The title is because her beaded headpiece is actually a 1940's (ish) replica necklace that I sent to Mum one birthday or christmas. It certainly looks better on her head than it did in the shop!

Maybe my next layout will feature me in my flapper dress.....hmmmm


To enter this months competition simply add you name to the widget here:

Love and pearls
Ruth xxx

1 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

Beautiful!! bOth the cover and the layout!! Stunning use of black in a layout - something I get scared off!!!